Environmental sustainability is the need of the hour and Precision Foundation is addressing this need through many of its activities to protect the planet we all live on.
Help for excavation of canal
The reservoir created by the Ujani dam on the river Bhima provides multipurpose benefits of irrigation, hydroelectric power generation, drinking and industrial water supply and fisheries. The city of Solapur receives its water supply through a pipeline from the Ujani reservoir. The irrigation is through two (right bank and left bank) canal systems. The Bhima Sina interlink, a 21 kms tunnel from Ujani reservoir, supplies water for vast lands in the Sina river tributaries. Water from Ujani received in Sina river through the tunnel is also carried through a canal into the Hipparga reservoir and then Ekrukh reservoir near Solapur partly by gravity and partly by lift. The farmers in this area did voluntary work for widening and deepening of the canal. The Nanaj to Narotewadi stretch of this canal however required machine work to break the 800 meters long hard rock and make a 4 meter wide canal. PCL as a part of its CSR helped the villagers for this work by providing excavators and earth moving equipment.The water will now further gravitate to the water filtration /purification plant at Bhavani Peth, Solapur. This work will benefit people from Narotewadi, Mardi, Sevalalnagar, Taratgaon, Ule, Raleras, Banegaon, Bhogaon, Haglur, Hipparga villages and from Shelgi, Maddiwasti and Budhwar Peth areas of Solapur.
Watershed management in 6 villages from North Solapur Taluka
Precision Foundation as a part of CSR of Precision Camshafts Limited, helped 6 villages from North Solapur Taluka, namely Kalaman, Raanmasale, Kondi, Wadala, Akkalkoti and Wangi, for the machine work in order to improve watershed in these draught prone areas. JCB’s and excavators were provided for increasing the depth of rivulets, making trenches, digging pits for plantation etc.. These villages are participating in the Water Cup competition. This pre-monsoon preparation would certainly help increase water storage in these villages and would also improve ground water levels.
The Satyamev Jayate Water Cup is an annual competition organized by Paani Foundation in which villages compete to do the best work in rainwater harvesting and watershed management. The foundation selects drought-hit tehsils, trains a group of residents in watershed development and organizes a 45-day ‘water cup’ contest among villages to see who creates the maximum possible rainwater storage capacity, thereby gaming water conservation. Villages build water conservation structures through Shramdaan (voluntary labour), raise money for machine work, test and treat soil, budget water usage, implement water saving technologies, etc. Paani Foundation makes technical help available to the participants.
Fund Donation To Rotary Club Modnimb
- The foundation provided financial help to Rotary Club Modnimb for their Pani Foundation project at Modnimb (Dist. Solapur). The Rotarians and people of modnimb voluntarily contributed physical efforts for creating a reservoir that would store about 10 million litres of water.
Solar Panel Installation
- As a step towards a greener planet and to further enhance the digital classroom experience for the schools, Precision Foundation installed solar panels to power all the digital classrooms.
Donation of Recycled Footwear with Greensole
- A proud collaboration between Precision Foundation and Greensole to promote basic hygiene and sustainability. We took a step towards sustainability by donating 1360 pairs of recycled footwear to children from 16 schools in Solapur district.
Find out more about Greensole at www.greensole.in
- Precision Foundation and PCL have together planted trees to maintain greenery over its 40 acres facility using recycled water by drip irrigation.
Other Green Initiatives
- Precision Foundation has other sustainability projects in the pipeline such as tree plantation drive, recycling program, taking some of its programs paperless, etc.