Making quality healthcare accessible and affordable is an ongoing challenge. Precision Foundation has initiated several activities in the area of healthcare to provide aid to the needy.
Financial assistance is provided to patients from the economically backward strata, suffering from cancer, diseases of the heart and kidney, neurological illnesses, severe burns, accidents and other major life threatening conditions.
‘Dialysis Unit at the ‘Dr. Kotnis Memorial Railway Hospital, Solapur
Inauguration of Dialysis Unit at the ‘Dr. Kotnis Memorial Railway Hospital, Solapur’
The inauguration ceremony of the Dialysis Unit at Dr. Kotnis Memorial Railway Hospital, Solapur was held on 17th January 2023. The dialyzer and RO plant have been provided by Precision Camshafts Limited through its CSR fund.
Divisional Railway Officer Mr. Neeraj Dhore, Chairman of Precision Camshafts Limited Mr. Yatin Shah, President of Precision Foundation Dr. Suhasini Shah along with Dr. Anand Kamble, Dr. Ramakrishna Mane and other dignitaries were present for the handover ceremony.
Speaking at the ceremony, Dr. Suhasini Shah said that Precision is implementing many philanthropic activities through its CSR and is committed to work in the field of education, health care and sustainable development.
She highlighted some of the major projects done by Precision like creating infrastructure for a 12 bedded dialysis unit at the General Hospital, Solapur and donation of 2 dialysers, renovation of the operation theater complex at the General Hospital and installation of state-of-the-art equipment, donation of ventilators to Markandey Sahakari Rugnalay and SPIN hospitals and providing 15 oxygen concentration to Primary Health Centers in Solapur district during the Covid pandemic.
Divisional Railway Officer Mr. Neeraj Dhore expressed his gratitude to Precision for this unit. He reiterated that the Railway Hospital strives to provide good healthcare facilities to the common citizens and this dialysis unit will be beneficial for the needy people. He also congratulated that the Railway Hospital team for their commendable work during the Covid period.
Chief of Railway Engineering Department Mr. Chandra Bhushan, Senior Finance Manager Mr. Vivek Hoke, Dr. Singhal and all the doctors, nurses and staff of Dr. Kotnis Memorial Railway Hospital were present for this program.
Comprehensive Sexuality Education 3.0
PCL has effectively conducted ‘Comprehensive Sexuality Education’ program with the help of Family Planning Association of India, Solapur Branch over the last 2 years and the this is the 3rd year of this initiative.
About 9500 students – both boys & girls – from 40 schools have benefitted from this initiative and we expect to reach about 6000 more students this year.
Provision of medicines for HIV – AIDS patients
AIDS and HIV affected patients are given free medication and psychological counselling by the Solapur District AIDS Prevention and Control Center. They are facing difficulties in supply of medicines, hence PCL through its CSR fund, supplied medicines for AIDS patients as per the request received from the office of the Civil Surgeon, Solapur.
Provision of O2 concentrator machines to PHCs
The COVID 19 pandemic crippled the world over the past two and a half years. Precision supported the administration in such difficult times by contributing to the PM Care fund and Maharashtra CM fund. We also took up the repair and upkeep of the electric crematorium at Solapur and helped people with food grain, PPE kits, medicines etc as per their requirements. PCL donated 4 Ventilators to 2 hospitals that cater to the underprivileged and 4 Oxygen concentrators to Primary Health Centres in 2020.
Additional 11 Oxygen concentrator machines were given to five primary health centers in Solapur district namely Kalman - 2, Mardi - 4, Kondi - 2, Nannaj - 1, Tirhe - 2. It will greatly benefit the patients of respiratory illnesses and cases of medical emergencies till they are shifted to a higher centre.
Supply of Ventilators to Shri Markandeya Rugnalaya & SPIN hospital
The shortage of Oxygen and ventilators during the second wave in Corona costed a lot of lives throughout the country.
Precision through its CSR supplied 2 ventilators (Philips make Trilogy EVO ventilator with all standard accessories) each to Shri Markandeya Rugnalaya and SPIN hospital in Solapur. The hospitals agreed to use these for the patients from lower socio economic strata and will not be charged for the same.
Precision also supplied 7 Oxygen Concentrators to Primary Health Centers at Bhandarkavthe Tal. South Solpaur, Modnimb,Pimpalner & Tembhurni Tal Madha.
Sanitary Napkins Vending & Disposal Machines to Schools
As a continuation of the ‘Comprehensive Sexuality Education’ program covering about 10000 students from 40 schools, we have now installed ‘Sanitary Napkins Vending Machines’ and ‘Incinerators’ (disposal machines) for the benefit of girl students and teachers in 10 schools and also at the Ladies hostels of the Ahilyabai Holkar Solapur University. These will benefit more than 1780 students from these schools and the University.
The machines were handed over to all the schools on Saturday, February 20th in the presence of Dr. Suhasini Shah, Chairperson of Precision Foundation. Every school was given a supply of 400 sanitary pads and boards with instructions for use of the machines, to be displayed next to the machines. The event was held at Sonamata School in Ram wadi, Solapur. Dr. Uma Pradhan & Dr. Nabha Kakade were the guests of honour for this program. The teachers present at the occasion expressed their determination to educate the girl students about hygiene during menstruation and use of these machines.
Ventilators at Shri Markandeya Rugnalaya
Precision has always supported healthcare through its CSR activities and will continue to support the healthcare system through their various initiatives in the coming years. The foundation has recently provided a Ventilator to the Shri Markandeya Solapur Sahakari Rugnalaya & Research Center in March 2020 and 3 more ventilators will be provided in the coming months. These ventilators will greatly help in management of critical patients, especially during the COVID 19 pandemic.
Upgradation of Surgery Operating Theatre Complex at the General Hospital, Solapur
- Precision Foundation recently worked on the upgradation of the General Surgery Operation Theatre Complex at the General Hospital, Solapur for the benefit of the patients and the medical students at large.
- The ‘B’ block at the General Hospital, Solapur houses the department of Surgery. The upgradation of the General Surgery Operation Theatre included getting LED OT lamps, Ceiling Pendants with flexible gas pipe lines, Hydraulic Surgical Operating Tables in all four OTs, UPS and batteries and also equipment like C Arm, Craniotome, Cautery machines etc. for use during complicated surgeries.
- A camera with zoom in zoom out facility is provided in every OT and is connected to a TV in the ‘Students gallery’ which too has been renovated. UG and PG students would be able to observes surgeries being conducted in these OTs sitting in the gallery. The Alumni Association and Dept. of Surgery of Dr. Vaishampayan Memorial Government Medical College (VMGMC) also contributed to this project.
- The upgraded OT’s were handed over to VMGMC and Dept. of Surgery, General Hospital Solapur at the hands of the DMER Maharashtra State, Padmashri Dr. Tatyarao Lahane and in the presence of Dean Dr. Shubhalaxmi Jaiswal, Dr. Sunil Ghate, President of Alumni Association and Dr. Manjiri Chitale on 7th June 2019.
Feedback session on Comprehensive Sexuality Education Program
- Guidance to children of adolescent age group on subjects like physical, psychological and emotional changes at puberty, good touch and bad touch, gender equality, nutrition, personal hygiene etc. is a need of the day.
- Precision Foundation with the help of Family Planning Association of India, Solapur Branch, conducted Comprehensive Sexuality Education program covering these ‘less talked about’ subjects and beyond in 21 schools for 4411 children of age group 10 to 19 and 328 Teachers. This was conducted over a period of six months from September 2018 to February 2019.
- A feedback session organised for the teachers, students and their parents on 24 March 2019 was very well attended and we received very positive reactions from all the participants.
- Advocate P B Londhe-Patil addressed the participants on the POCSO Act 2012 (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) and guided them on safeguarding interest of the child at every stage of the judicial process.
Comprehensive Sexuality Education Program
- We conducted a ‘Comprehensive Sexuality Education’ program in 21 schools covering 3000 girls and 3000 boys of 7th to 10th standard with the help of Family Planning Association of India, Solapur Branch. Sanitary napkins were supplied to 3000 girls. The activity started in the month of September 2018. The girls students were provided with six month’s supply of sanitary napkins. These were sourced from Jeevanjyoti Mahila Bahu-uddeshiy Sanstha (Jeur, Tq. Akkalkot, Solapur), who was felicitated by Precision Social Recognition Award 2017.
Dialysis Unit for Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Sarvopachar Rugnalaya (General Hospital), Solapur
- Precision Foundation recently got the infrastructure ready for starting a ‘Hemodialysis Unit’ at the General Hospital, Solapur and also donated 2 Hemodialysis machines with 3 years of comprehensive maintenance and consumables required for 100 dialysis patients.
- The ‘A’ block at the General Hospital Solapur houses the department of Medicine. The infrastructure work for hemodialysis unit included repairs of a ward along with its toilet block where the general ward was shifted followed by repair work, flooring, false ceiling, complete electrification, construction of toilet block, fabricated shed for RO plant, plumbing lines, partitions for isolation rooms and painting of the general ward that has been converted into hemodialysis unit. The unit is now ready for 10 hemodialysis machines.
The Alumni Association of Dr. Vaishampayan Memorial Government Medical College (VMGMC) also contributed one hemodialysis machine, patient beds and RO plant.
The unit was handed over to VMGMC and Dept. of Medicine, General Hospital Solapur at the hands of Deputy DMER Maharashtra State, Padmashri Dr. Tatyarao Lahane and in the presence of Dr. Sunil Ghate, Dean Dr. VMGMC on 27th July 2018 and became functional with 3 hemodialysis machines.
This unit would be a lifesaving facility for cases of Acute Renal Injury admitted at the General hospital and also would help patients of Chronic Renal Failure under maintenance hemodialysis.
Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Programme with Saral Designs
- Precision Foundation has taken up a project to create awareness in 615 adolescent girls and women in Solapur District about Menstrual Hygiene and Basic Sanitation, which is often not talk about openly. A staggering 88% of women in India use unhygienic materials like cloth, newspaper and husk during periods and 70% women suffer from infections of the reproductive tract. So, along with a year-long awareness program, the foundation is providing an annual supply of sanitary napkins to all participants and is working with Saral Designs as their product partner. About 23% of girls in India drop out of school when they start menstruating. With this project, Precision Foundation is also trying to improve the retention rates of girls in schools.
Find out more about Saral Designs at
Health Awareness Program
- In 2016, a year-long health education and awareness program called ‘Aarogya Jaagar’ was started on ‘Solapur Akashwani’ (radio). It features interviews with doctors from various specialities in a very simple language to create awareness about various illnesses, the emergency measures and appropriate treatments.
- A blood donation camp is organized every year at all units of PCL and more than 2000 bottles of blood have been collected over the last 10 years.
- In 2008, Precision Foundation organized health camps and distributed medicines to economically weaker sections of Solapur city, particularly the areas affected by the outbreak of Cholera.
- In 2012 and 2013, a health camp was held at Sonamata Vidyalay in Solapur.