Making quality healthcare accessible and affordable is an ongoing challenge. Precision Foundation has initiated several activities in the area of healthcare to provide aid to the needy.
Financial assistance is provided to patients from the economically backward strata, suffering from cancer, diseases of the heart and kidney, neurological illnesses, severe burns, accidents and other major life threatening conditions.
- A blood donation camp is organized every year at all units of PCL and more than 2000 bottles of blood have been collected over the last 10 years.
- In 2008, Precision Foundation organized health camps and distributed medicines to economically weaker sections of Solapur city, particularly the areas affected by the outbreak of Cholera.
- In 2012 and 2013, a health camp was held at Sonamata Vidyalay in Solapur.
Health Awareness Program
- In 2016, a year-long health education and awareness program called ‘Aarogya Jaagar’ was started on ‘Solapur Akashwani’ (radio). It features interviews with doctors from various specialities in a very simple language to create awareness about various illnesses, the emergency measures and appropriate treatments.
Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Programme with Saral Designs
- Precision Foundation has taken up a project to create awareness in 615 adolescent girls and women in Solapur District about Menstrual Hygiene and Basic Sanitation, which is often not talk about openly. A staggering 88% of women in India use unhygienic materials like cloth, newspaper and husk during periods and 70% women suffer from infections of the reproductive tract. So, along with a year-long awareness program, the foundation is providing an annual supply of sanitary napkins to all participants and is working with Saral Designs as their product partner. About 23% of girls in India drop out of school when they start menstruating. With this project, Precision Foundation is also trying to improve the retention rates of girls in schools.
Find out more about Saral Designs at
Donation of Recycled Footwear with Greensole
- A proud collaboration between Precision Foundation and Greensole to promote basic hygiene and sustainability. We took a step towards sustainability by donating 1360 pairs of recycled footwear to children from 16 schools in Solapur district.
Find out more about Greensole at www.greensole.in